Skip to main content

Home  About  Gas Services  LPG  Landlord Certifications  Gas Safety  Testimonials  Contact  Member Login   

 

 

Gas DIY


To be honest, our advice on this one is very simple – don’t do it. It’s great to spend time on your property, and get repairs and improvements done yourself, but when it comes to gas, you should always get a registered and fully qualified professional in. It’s all about safety, it’s just not worth the risk.

Give the experts a call at MPH GAS Ltd M:07871 234673 (Daytime) T:01952 812812 (Evening)


 

Wise-up! Get your gas safety knowledge up to speed...

Can you smell that?


If you can smell gas in your home or property, you need to act fast. Remember gas is highly flammable, so be careful not to do anything that might cause a spark, such as turning on or off light switches or turning electrical equipment. Turn off the GAS Emergency Control Valve (this should be located close to your Gas meter), thoroughly ventilate the area and call us as soon as possible on M:07871 234673 (Daytime) T:01952 812812 (Evening). The safety of you and your family is the first priority.

Do you know where the Gas Emergency Control Valve is located. If not we will show you whilst carrying out any gas or plumbing work at your property.

Carbon Monoxide (CO)


This one is tricky, because you can’t see, taste or smell it, but it can be deadly if it leaks into your house. Carbon Monoxide is produced through incomplete combustion, so basically when there is not enough oxygen present for fuel to burn efficiently. Older gas domestic appliances are the biggest culprit for producing Carbon Monoxide within the home, and it’s also what comes out of car exhausts, which is why it’s not good for you to breath in exhaust fumes!

Recognising the symptoms of Carbon Monoxide poisoning might just save you or someone else’s life. The first symptom is usually a headache, which might be accompanied by nausea, dizziness, feeling tired and confused, vomiting, abdominal pain, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing and eventually loss of consciousness. If you or anyone is showing signs of CO poisoning, you need to evacuate to fresh air and seek medical attention.

Get yourself a Carbon Monoxide detector or two and position them around your house. They work in much the same way as smoke detectors, sounding an alarm if the CO levels are getting high. While smoke detectors don’t detect CO, and vice-verse, you can buy a combination detector that will do both.

Did you know...

Most manufacturers of domestic appliances specify that the appliance should be serviced annually. Many guarantees actually specify this in the terms and conditions and the absence of proof of service may invalidate any guarantee.

Did you know...


Household gas is actually odourless. The smell is added to the gas before it is provided to your property so that if there is a leak, you’re able to recognise it.

Did you know...


It is recommended you have all your gas appliances regularly checked to ensure they are working correctly. Gas appliances that are working incorrectly can be detrimental to your health and your wallet.